Thursday, January 13, 2011

No Recipe Egg Tarts

Egg Tart

Hi All, this is my NO RECIPE EGG TARTS. Why I called it No Recipe Egg Tarts is because: 1) I really have no recipe on how to make egg tarts. 2) I never make an egg tarts before. 3) I baked this egg tarts using my instinct on the ingredients to use.

Remember the big strawberry tart I made for T. I just realized that I have a bit of leftover dough in my fridge while I was lazing around in the evening with lil princess. Luckily it still can be use after few days wrapped and store in the fridge. My mind just got this idea out of no where to make egg tarts but it is too late to search for the reviewed egg tarts recipe online  (I can search for an recipe for hours before I decided on which one to try.....yeah I know so much time wasted on my endless research). Therefore, I just gotta trust my instinct on how to make it. I guess it should be just like custard.

So I press the dough into my little tart moulds (just enough dough to make 5 small tarts - at least if my own invented recipe failed, not much wastages will incurred). Whipped 1 egg, with some sugar, and low fat milk and a pinch of corn flour. Then I pour it into the tart moulds and bake until the custard set. As I was pouring the custard into the moulds, I don't really have a good feeling about it as there was a lot of bubbles. After a while (I forgot to check how many minutes it take to bake it to golden brown and the custard set in), once the custard set, I was relieved that my egg tarts turn out to be really egg tarts.....*happy*.

Lesson learned and area to improve on will be don't whipped the egg mixtures till it bubble too much if I want a smoother top......I like it and being an Asian, I guess most of us like egg tarts right? I will make this for my mom soon since she likes egg tarts and always find that the egg tarts in the market is way too sweet for her liking....."Hey mom, wait for your turn ok?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries