Friday, January 7, 2011

Strawberry Tart

9-inch Strawberry Tart

I made this Strawberry Tart for a new friend, T. She wants a big strawberry tart with lots of strawberries and pastry cream for her friend's birthday. It was very thoughtful of her to give her friend a big tart instead of a birthday cake. This is the first time I see people celebrate birthday with a birthday tart instead of a birthday cake. Maybe I am being out-dated......hahaha. Thanks T, now I can add a new item to my baking menu.

When I accept her request at that time, I forgot that strawberries are not in season now. Imagine I have to search few supermarkets and hypermarkets for it. I thought of using big, red strawberries but after a few search, I decided to give up and settled for the smaller one due to the limited availability. I was so afraid that I couldn't get any strawberry and caused me to fail T request. I hate to break promises.

Anyway, I almost failed to deliver her request though because there was a date mix up. Luckily she remind me a day before......phew!

Hope you and your friends will love this. Happy Birthday T's friend! May all your wishes come true.


2 comments:

  1. hey Thanks for the tart!! it taste superb! and my friend really like it alot!!! its one of his new year wish to have a BIG STRAWBERRY tart as birthday cake! he's strawberry tart lover and he doesnt like cake at all! thanks alot.. sorry for the confusion of the date!! i admit its my fault!!! awwww....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi T,

    Great to hear from you and know that your friend like it a lot :)

    Hope to hear from you again soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments or enquiries