Monday, January 17, 2011

White Butter Cake with Blueberry Jam and Lemon Buttercream

White Butter Cake with Blueberry Jam and Lemon Buttercream

"'Appy Birthday to you, 'appy birthday to you, 'appy birthday to mommy and sam yi, 'appy birthday to you!". This year is  the first time my lil princess sang to me and my youngest sister a birthday song on our early birthday celebration yesterday. So sweet and she is so excited to help us blow the candles and cut the cake. She sang the whole birthday song SOLO as our family wanted to hear how well can she sing it.....hahaha. I do have a potential Karaoke queen by my side.

My birthday and my sister's birthday is just 2 days apart so we do sometimes celebrate our birthday together with our family during our school days. Since I have to preach to her and my future brother-in-law on their wedding cake tasting and presentation, so this year we decided to celebrate together again after not doing it for the last 10 years or so. I took their wedding ceremony as a challenge to try my hand on preparing a 3-tier wedding cake for their guests. They must have been intoxicated when they actually agreed to my offer and let me use them as a guinea pigs on their most memorable day......bravo to them.......hahaha. If you are reading this......I promised that I will do my very, very best and I will make sure that I have enough frosting to cover the whole cake. 

As you can see from the pictures above, the frosting was kind of too thin because I was kinda lazy to whip up more frosting when I realized that the frosting might not be enough to cover every part evenly. Please pardon me for my laziness as I will show you later why is it so.

On the day itself, I actually forgot to bring my camera to my sister's house and what a coincidence that her camera is out of battery too. So I have to rely on my camera phone and the poor lighting make the picture even more unjustifiably recorded.....hence the saying 'don't judge a book by its cover' is greatly applicable to this cake.


Again, the poor lighting and camera quality failed to showcase the texture of this moist and soft white butter cake. But overall, I have a great approval from all of them on the taste of this white butter cake that is already moist enough but with the blueberry jam and lemon buttercream, it keep the cake moist enough despite after refrigerator for 2 days. Some of you will be able to try this cake very soon :)

Finally, Happy Birthday To Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries