Sunday, December 12, 2010

Green Tea Chiffon

Green Tea Chiffon


I am so excited to write this post as soon as I cut this cake and tested 1 slice of it.......it is soooooooooooooo soft......like feather.


Despite having mild flu, I can't stop myself from baking so that all of us can have some nice homey cake for tea and breakfast tomorrow.


This is the first time I attempted a chiffon cake.....it's hard to believe right....that I never bake a chiffon before since I am such a hardcore home-baker. Well maybe at that time I did not have a tube pan until I bought 1 few weeks ago. Without a tube pan, in a way is giving me an excuse not to try to bake a chiffon, that's why I bought 1 and stop giving me excuses not to try it after hearing so much stories about how hard to bake a chiffon.


Finally yesterday I borrow the Okashi Treats: Sweet Treats Made With Love book by Keiko Ishida's from my SIL and here you are I am presenting to you my first Chiffon Cake from Keiko Ishida's Green Tea Chiffon Cake recipe.


Here I am while still working on this post, I am already thinking of more recipes that I want to try from Keiko Ishida's book. I like her recipes maybe because I find japanese desserts are less sweet compared to others. I have already lined up a few recipes that I want to try in my mind. I can't wait to bake again....hmmm.....gotta re-arrange my priority for next week.




Freshly out of the oven and cooled. Waiting to be frosted by a thin layer of Green Tea  Cream.




Then I wrapped it with Chocolate impression techniques that I learned from my SIL which is still imperfect. This is a technique that I need to improve on as I tend to break it when I hold it.


My Mom loves it so much because this is the type of cakes that she likes....light, not too sweet and soft....she ate 2 pieces and claimed that she can eat half of the cake as lunch.....hehehe.


Waiting for my darling to come back and comments......till then.....will post again with another Keiko's desserts asap......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries