Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cozy Vanilla Hazelnut Cupcakes

Cozy Vanilla Hazelnut Cupcakes

If you refer back to my yesterday post under the Others tab, you will already know more or less of when I bake this cupcakes and under what scenario this cupcakes was baked. That's right....these are the cupcakes that I baked and decorated in 1 hour time.

Oh yeah....I forgot to mention yesterday....while I was waiting for the cupcakes to cool (I took a shortcut by refrigerating my cupcakes), I melted some dark chocolate for topping too (again I cooled it in the refrigerated while I whipped some Vanilla Flavoured Whipped Cream).

This is actually an amended version of a normal vanilla cake.....I used some buttermilk that I have to clear out from my refrigerator and substitute 1/3 of the flour with ground hazelnut.




Well, the end result is fantastic, the cupcakes taste great, very moist, soft and love the nutty flavour so much but the next time I could use a bit more milk to make it more fluffier.

After months of hard core baking, I came to realized that sometimes, you don't have to follow the exact recipes or keep looking for new recipes.....sometimes a bit of creativity in changing some ingredients or measurement will create some wonder and something new and different. But of course not all the time, the results will ended up as what I've planned....but hey that's life, full of ups and downs.....CHEERS!

And also this past few months has also changed my darling's perception on my baking indulgence......he no longer say that I can't bake & cook to can I have more & can you make this please. No more criticism that say it's too hard, too sweet, too tasteless, etc.....hehehe.

And through my baking learning experience, I have make more new friends.....friends that share the same passion whether in baking, tasting or just simply enjoying my rambling.

Influence that I made on families and friends, from near and far, that they too bake more often now than they did before. At least now we find it worth the money we spent on the ovens, mixer and etc. But of course they too like me, burned a big hole in our pockets with purchases of baking stuffs more that other things that we previous indulged in :)

Here I wish everyone a Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries