Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Red Velvet Cake With Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting

Red Velvet Cake with Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting


I was inspired to try to make the Red Velvet Cake after having a delicious and fluffy Red Velvet Cake at a friend's wedding last week. Everybody at the wedding ceremony like the cake so much that a lady actually came up to me and asked me whether she can take the Cream Cheese Frosting that I scraped aside after I ate my piece of cake! Can you believe it??? I was stunned and lost of words for a second. And I just blurted out, "Oh sure. You can have it." What a cheese lover I must have encountered.

Before that I was quite reluctant to try to make this cake as the amount of colouring used was a bit ridiculous for my taste. But after tasting the Red Velvet Cake that I had, it really make me want to make it until perfect. I tried this recipe from The Dictionary of American Food and Drink but I reduced the colouring as I can't accept the thought of putting so much colouring for my family to consume. The cake turn out alright and the cream cheese frosting recipe which I get it from someone else was fantastic. Maybe if I have not tasted it last week, I will say that this recipe is good but not anymore if I have tasted the best. The cake is just not fluffy and light enough compared to the Red Velvet Cake that I had last week so I gonna do more research and search for the perfect recipe before I put this up on my menu.

Will keep you all posted till I found the right recipe.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries