Friday, November 5, 2010

Dried Oyster & Dried Scallop Congee

Dried Oyster & Dried Scallop Congee


After days of continuous consumption of baked, fried, oily and spicy food, it is time to tame my taste bud with something light before my waist line expand horizontal further. I had enough horizontal expansion since the birth of my princess.

I opt for my Mom's dried oyster, scallop, peanut & lean pork congee's recipe which we love and adore it since childhood. Of course she will always use the slow cooker where she will prepared everything the night before and we can all have this delish congee for breakfast the next morning and oh yeah my late dad or late grandpa will go to the market to buy 'yao tiao' early in the morning.....this is what I called real comfort food.

As mentioned earlier, I want something light to cleanse my colons off all the junk I had, I omitted the peanut and lean pork from my Mom's recipe and just stick to the dried oyster and dried scallop and cooked it over my induction cooker instead. Cooked over medium and low heat for 2 hours......yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries