Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Walnut Egg Yolk Sponge Cake

Walnut Egg Yolk Sponge Cake


The Macarons that I made on Sunday uses only egg whites,  I was left with a few egg yolks that I was thinking of what I should do with them. So I went on search of recipes using only egg yolks through my pile of recipes kept in both printed and digital form and so I found this Egg Yolk Sponge Cake Recipe by Nigella Lawson. Of course I make a few changes to this recipes to make it a more yummy cake without frosting this time. I added some crushed walnuts for a nutty flavour and instead of hot water, I replaced it with more milk for more creamy texture.

The outcome.....the texture of this sponge cake is very stable yet it is very soft, creamy and fluffy. I will definitely make this again and again with different flavour and with frosting especially I am so into making Macarons lately that I have more egg yolks at my disposal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries