Sunday, March 13, 2011

My First Wedding Cake


Yipppeeeee! I did it! I baked my first wedding cake without much disaster except for a crack on the second layer when I push the cake dowel down a bit too hard.


It was originally quite a bit of pressure for my sister and my brother in law to put their faith in me to bake them a wedding cake and their guest gifts. The pressure was even higher when I was so sick the past few weeks that basically I spent most of the time throwing up on everything in the toilet. Well morning sickness does not only happen in the morning. I almost give up but because of my baking passion and my inner voice that keep telling me that I couldn't disappoint the faith that they have on me. So I gathered up all my energy and prepare this wedding cake from morning to night for 2 consecutive days prior to their joyful celebration. 

And also days before that, I was working on their guest gifts which comprises of an assortment of Macarons, Chocolate Truffles and Almond Chocolate. Thank god, I got the help of my sisters and aunts to help me wrapped up and packed those into the gift boxes before I have to start working on the cakes. Thank you ladies! Without your assistance, I don't think I manage to make and packed those 200 over gift packs. 

Then came the joyful day itself, praying hard that the guests love the cakes as I have not make such a huge cake before. After checking with a few guests, I find that I have not disappoint J & J. If you are one of those that have tasted the cakes, please give me your feedback on the cakes. Thank you very much!

By the way, the cakes consist of 2 different type of cakes. The bottom layer is Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. The second & top layers of the cake is White Butter Cake with Blueberry Whipped Cream and Lemon Buttercream Frosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries