Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bunny Head Almond Butter Cookies

Bunny Head Almond Butter Cookies

Maybe as we grow older or maybe because of the hectic lifestyle in the city, festive season no longer feel so important anymore. It just few like any ordinary days with the exception that it's a holiday that feels like a weekend. Despite Chinese New Year is approaching in less than a month and yet I have no plan of any preparation......until my sister just told me that her boss just declared 1 whole week holiday for this coming Chinese New Year and asked me what plan do I have and make sure I include her. I was speechless because I have no plan at all. My only plan is chill out at home.....bake and cook more new recipes and eat. I definitely would not want to go traveling (just like she suggested) when everyone is traveling back to hometown or join the massive crowd at holiday destination. Hmmmm......maybe I should think of something to celebrate this coming Rabbit year with families and friends (no gambling for me).......nice dinner and some wine.

Then I heard that my aunt has started baking her usual Chinese New Year's cookies and some family members has started baking their family recipe's Fruit Cake. Seems like everyone started to create some CNY's mood......I think I better start to to do something on my part too so that my lil princess can learn more about festive seasons and enjoy herself with new clothes, ang pows, food, etc......just like I had when I was a child before she grown out of that phase.

So next lunar year will be a Rabbit year.....and the first thing that cross my mind was Rabbit look.....I got some bunnies cookies cutters of different sizes. And I have this really fluffy butter cookies recipe that I have not try making for quite a while. I love nutty baked goodies and I have plenty of almond and walnuts in my kitchen cabinet. So I am doing my little experiment again......this round I substitute some flour with ground almond to create this Almond Butter Cookies.

Next, I am gonna try to make Walnut Butter Cookies and also maybe Hazelnut Butter Cookies. So it's gonna be all about nuts for me :)

Verdict delivered by family, friend and kiddos........very good, just the right sweetness, cute, lovely, yummy, fluffy. And I am happy with the result.

I gotta start to experiment with my other nutty cookies as soon as possible and it might be all about nuts Chinese New Year's cookies for my families and friends......who want, please raise your hand.......I can see my lil princess hand raised up high and request for the big one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries