Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our Humble Lunch On A Workday

4 Course Lunch

A typical working day for me will be waking up in the morning, a cup of coffee for breakfast (I feel so weak & sleepy without my morning caffeine) and start my morning work routines (check & reply emails, paperworks, etc). By mid morning, preparation for lunch will start. I always try to make it a point to cook everything in less than an hour with exception to soup and stew (2 of our favourites). And will plan out my dishes so that I can try to use maximum of 1 pan and/or 1 pot to cook everything without washing (save time on washing -  not that I do the washing). So that I can go to my shops to continue work after lunch. Otherwise I will not be able to complete my usual tasks by evening, which will be my baking time by then. Of course sometimes I do cheat and bake in between work (on days that I work solely from home - purely work while waiting for my cakes to bake in the oven). In between, I will spare some time (10 minutes at a time) to play with my lil princess, watch her favourite shows with her, chit chat with her, etc. Sometimes she just likes to sit on my lap while I type on my computer (isn't that adorable?). As for dinner, we always eat out (at least we can see, learn and compare others cooking) or at my in-laws house or finish off what was left during lunch.

My darling say that I am always busy with something to do....well the truth is I like to keep myself busy especially with my hobbies. My hobbies actually keep myself calm from the stress I get from work. What the heck as long as I am happy doing it but of course by nighttime I do feel the toll taken on my body.....knocked out tired (a daily shoulder and foot massage will be great - dream on).....and sleep like a baby.

That's how a flexible self-employ mom typical work day like......work from the moment I woke up till I knocked out but with own adjustable free time to do as I wish.....

So I am proud to present what I cooked for lunch from 12:15 pm to 1:10 pm today.........
Fermented Beancurb Fried Chicken Wing

Marinated with Fermented Beancurb, soy sauce, garlic powder and salt before I send my worker to the E mall this morning. Deep fried it till crispy with some all-purpose flour.
 
Ham And Broccoli Fried Eggs

My lil princess new favourite egg dish.....she ate a quarter of it for lunch and request to keep more for her for dinner. A balanced meal with protein, vitamins

Preparation and cooking is super easy. Whisk eggs with some water (the water will make the eggs fluffy), salt and fish sauce until foamy. Retained some oil from the pan that used to fry the Chicken Wings. Stir fry the chopped ham and broccoli for a while and add in the egg mixture. Fry until cooked on both side.
Stir-fry Broccoli, Green and Red Capsicum

Judging by the colours, you already can say that this dish is vitamins packed and super healthy . Broccoli: rich in vitamins, health benefits in terms of anti oxidant to fight and prevent cancer. Capsicums: rich in vitamins, good for eyesights, provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. And both vegetables also good for digestive system.

Preparation? Nothing can be simpler than this for a tasty vegetable dish.......add a little bit of oil (into the pan used to fry the eggs) and fry some chopped garlic, put in all the vegetables. Lightly seasoned with salt and brown sugar. Add in some water and cooked until vegetables soften but retain the colours.
Clams in Ginger & Dom Soup

This is our (myself and my darling) favourite.....super yummy.......fresh clams in ginger and wine soup. Both of us finished off every clams and every single drop of the soup.

To prepare: soak the clams in water for few hours or overnight prior to cooking. Using back the same cooking pan for the stir-fry vegetables, put in some sesame oil and stir fry some garlic and ginger till fragrant. Add in some chili padi and the clams. Then add in water and let it boiled until all clams open up. Seasoned to taste with salt, some brown sugar and Dom or any Chinese cooking wine.

Thinking back of my afternoon's lunch is making me hungry.......gonna summary up everything and go to bed so that my hunger prank does not strike me.......Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries