Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chocolate Walnut Mille Crepe Cake

Chocolate Walnut Mille Crepe Cake




I have changed the colour scheme and layout of my blog and I got myself a new Teflon Frying Pan. I love it so much and at the same time I have to bid farewell to my non-stick pan that have served me well for 6 years until recently......bye bye PAN. It is so much easier to make a crepe with my new pan. Now I like to make crepes and got more reason to cook. I told my friends on FB that I am so happy with my new pan, and a friend commented that these days when happiness usually takes the form of shoes, handbags, clothes ...I am happy with a pan, and my husband should take note of that (what he meant was my darling is lucky to have me). Well I told him that my latest hobby is cooking and baking, so now my darling can't say he doesn't get pleasant dinner. His reply was a simple one "will look out for the results around his belt". Well I will cook as much as I can with my new Frying Pan and at the same time lets keep an eye around my darling's belt for any difference with my healthy and no MSG food.


Anyway, I made this Chocolate Walnut Mille Crepe Cake for a cousin. I have improved on the crepe batter compared to my first attempt. The first time was a little bit too chewy. Also I have added some ground walnuts on every 2 layers of crepe to add more crisp to it. And instead of frosting the whole Crepe Cake with Chocolate Frosting, this time I decorate it with some cocoa powder. All this (from preparing batter and chocolate cream till decorated the whole cake) took me 3 hours to finish it with intervals to attend to my princess wants and needs and not forgetting my FB browsing.


My next Mille Crepe Cake's project will be Vanilla Oreo Cream Mille Crepe Cake......






Those gaps in between layers is due to the ground walnuts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries