Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another French Desserts - Chocolate, Mousse, Genoise, Dacquoise

From Top: Mousse Au Chocolat, Chocolat Genoise, Hazelnut Dacquoise, Chocolat Genoise



I am lost for words at the moment because I don't know what I should call this cake. I need a name. As I wanted to make only French desserts this week, I read up on some recipes. Then I decided to actually combine a few recipes into one and now I need a name for this beautiful cake of mine.....please help me name this cake....thank you :)

Well this cake consists of three different recipe.....Mousse Au Chocolat, Chocolat Genoise and Hazelnut Dacquoise.

The Mousse recipe that I used is egg free....therefore it is totally safe for consumption.....I am not a fan of raw eggs in my baking as I have a 2 years old food tester, so I would not like to take the risk of her or anyone infected with Salmonella. I also used non-dairy cream. Without the eggs and the normal heavy cream, this mousse still taste so good....in fact I think it's the best.

As for the Chocolat Genoise, I have to admit this recipe could be better if I have not over baked it for 10 minutes and follow my instinct to reduce the Dark Cocoa Powder by 10 Grams and used up all the syrup. Well at least I have tried and know what to do the next time.....like the saying...."you never try, you never know".

Finally the Hazelnut Dacquoise (actually I am not very sure whether I pronounce the word 'Dacquoise' correctly or not). I judge the recipe by its ingredients and I am so glad that I made it. It was soooo good. But this is a very pricey recipe.

Well lastly, this is how this cake is being assemble. I cut the Genoise into two layers (it's not so easy to cut with a normal bread knife), I am thinking of getting a Layered Cake Cutter to ensure that I get even layers. The nicest layer will be kept as the top layer. The not so nice one will be at the bottom. Then I spread a thin layer of Mousse before I place the Darquoise on top. Then I spread another thin layer of Mousse. After that, I placed the nicer Genoise layer on top. Lastly, I covered the whole cake with a generous amount of Mousse. And now this unnamed cake is ready to be serve.....







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries