Friday, September 24, 2010

Vanilla Lime Cupcakes with Chocolate Sauce

Vanilla Lime Cupcakes with Chocolate Sauce




Many times (especially Asian) don't really fancy cakes or sugary and buttery desserts is because we feel that the sweetness and cream makes one feel very full after one  piece or so. To go for a second helping is rare unless it is super delicious or something hard to get like seasonal food. That is why I put Lime into this Vanilla Cupcakes....the sourness of the lime actually suppressed that sugary and buttery taste that we normally have in cakes.....so even my mom who dislike sweetness and butter so much agreed that this is something worth for her to take a second one.

Friends and families has been asking me regularly like what I use to make the fronting, the decoration and etc. So I decided from time to time, I will explain on how I make it or what I used to make it. So for this frosting, I used Dark Chocolate melted with Light Corn Syrup and Low Fat Milk to cover the top of the cupcakes. The  purpose of the Light Corn Syrup is to add a glossy shine to the finishing. I also added a flower made of Strawberry Chocolate. It is actually Chocolate Modelling being rolled out and cut using a Sugarcraft Cutter (as shown below). I used it to cut fondant, marzipan and chocolate modelling.


Sugarcraft/Fondant Cutter that I used to cut the Chocolate



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries