Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chocolate Mille Crepe Cake

Chocolate Mille Crepe Cake


I have decided to try to make this week a French and Chocolate's Week....meaning it's all about French  Desserts and with Chocolate. So I started off with Chocolate Cream Mille Crepe Cake. I wanted to make a bigger cake, maybe about 8 inch cake but the only non-stick flat pan that I have is only 6 inches. Well guess it is time for me to invest in a bigger non-stick pan, maybe something like this. So instead of a normal 20 layers of crepes, mine got about 30 layers...and it is too heavy at the bottom.....making the bottom part a bit dense. Can't be greedy the next time....I must sticked to the 20 layers max.

The Chocolate Cream was very good.....whether eaten as it is, spread it on crackers or bread and it makes a good frosting as well. So it worth the hassles of going through so many stages to prepare this Chocolate Cream and the amount of cookwares that needed to be wash after that. My darling actually requested for more Chocolate Cream the next time I make a Mille Crepe Cake.

Honestly it is not so easy to make a crepe you know.....I wasted at least about 8 crepes before getting hold of making the right one.....only towards the last 10 pieces, it turned out looking flawless. Furthermore, I was rushing for time because my Princess was making a lot of fuss this evening (she was throwing tantrum over everything she did...from toys to food). My Princess could be fun, irritating, lovely, destroyer, etc but no matter what she is the love of my life :)

For my next French and Chocolate experiment shall be either Gateau Mousse Au Chocolat or Truffes Au Chocolat. Do let me know if you want to see any specific item....my Comments' box is always open....

This is the Chocolate Cream that taste so good for everything

Can't resist this Chocolate Cream....that's why I actually frost the whole cake with it (original Mille Crepe cake is without frosting). Due to time constraint (rushing out for dinner), I did not smooth out the frosting.

All these layers of crepe looks so pretty and delicious....can you see how many layers are there? I should put more chocolate cream next time right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries