Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Creme Caramel

Baked Creme Caramel


Creme Caramel, who doesn't love it? I do, and my family does. The first caramel I made during school days was the steamed version......smooth, fast and never disappointing unless one really, really overcooked it and the results of over steamed Creme Caramel will be rough and ugly with acne scar lookalike. Once perfectly cooked will be smooth, creamy and light.

Just simple ingredients: eggs, sugar and low fat milk whisked together and pour into individual ramekins or bowls. That's the usual caramel I made, everyone get a 1. Since I was baking it on a Christmas Day, I thought why not I tried making a big one with a Christmas theme.......a Snowman Baked Creme Caramel and a big bowl of Steamed Caramel. This is the first time I made a baked version. Verdict? I still prefer the steamed version as it is softer and lighter than the baked version. Also the cooking time for the steamed version is faster. Outlook wise I prefer the Snowman.....it looks so cute except for some cracks here and there.

I do have trouble to turn it over onto the serving plate compared to the normal individual serving that I made. So I ended with some cracks here and there when I flip it over to release the Creme Caramel onto the plate. I hope next time I can do better.....hmmm.....now I am thinking of making it again on New Year for my SIL's New Year Party......

Steamed Creme Caramel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries