Thursday, October 7, 2010

Strawberry Mousse Hazelnut Dacquoise

Strawberry Mousse Hazelnut Dacquoise


Remember my post on Another French Desserts - Chocolate, Mousse, Genoise, Dacquoise the other day, the Dacquoise's Recipe was extremely good especially if paired with heavy, and creamy type of cake, this is mainly due to the Dacquoise's light and airy texture as it combines mainly of egg whites, ground hazelnuts and almond, and sugar.






That's why I make my own combination of Dacquoise with Strawberry Mousse to see how well the Dacquoise and Mousse combined together.....my match & mix experiments.

As I will not be able to cook or bake for the entire of next week, I gotta clear off perishable items in my fridge, the first to go will be the box of Strawberries that I bought during the weekend. 

I cooked the Strawberries with some sugar and gelatin and fold it into some whipped cream. As I was rushing for time today I used ready to serve Whipping Cream instead of normal Heavy Cream that I whipped from scratch. I made a mistake today for weighting the wrong amount of sugar for my Strawberry Sauce....so it was slightly over-sweet. To even out the sweetness, I scaled down on the sugar for the Dacquoise. 

At first I thought of assemble it into individual portion but after 3 pieces, I decided to give up as the Dacquoise was too thin (I made another mistake of using the wrong size cake tin) and need to be handle with care.....a NO NO for too much working. 

The end result after 2 hours of refrigeration is.......EXCELLENT.....except for the Dacquoise being too thin and the Strawberry Mousse is slightly too sweet for my taste.....





Hazelnut Dacquoise

Here I lined my Square Cake Tin with the new Reusable Baking Sheet Liner that I bought yesterday, it was such a wise decision I made.......now I no longer have to line my baking tray everytime I want to bake as this Reusable Baking Sheet Liner is washable and reusable up to 1000 times (according to the Sales Person). 

My Assembly Station














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries