Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our Sunday 3- Course Lunch

Pan-seared Red Snapper and Grilled Honey Glazed Pork Shoulder


It's a Sunday again! I am a fish lover and my darling is a meat lover. So in order to please him and myself, I've planned to make both. By the way, my fridge is basically empty now since I just got back 2 days ago and have not stock up on anything.....but the beauty of where I live is that there's a well-organized supermarket downstairs. Took my princess and mom down early in the morning (as soon as the supermarket is open) and bought some fish, pork shoulder and baby spinach.

 I think I am having a Top Chef 's adventure again after watching the final episode of the Season 1. I am kinda backwards I think....just completed the Season 1 where right now the States already released up till Season 6 I think.....and just found out from my darling that there's no Season 2 onwards available online yet.

Basically I am cooking without a recipe.....just estimate on what to put and how much to put.....lol.....just keeping my finger crossed that the food will turned out good....and thanked god.....I did it! So I am gonna give you all a quick review of what I did.....

Honey Glazed Grilled Pork Shoulder with Butter Garlic Rice

Firstly, about the Honey Glazed Grilled Pork Shoulder served with Butter Garlic Green Peas Rice, I marinated the pork shoulder with some salt, mix spices, mix herbs, fresh rosemary, honey, apple cider vinegar and orange juice for 15 minutes (if overnight will be even nicer but due to time constrains I can only allocate 15 minutes). Then I pan seared it lightly to seal the juices before putting into the oven at 180C for 1 1/2 hours. As for the Butter Garlic Green Peas Rice, I browned some chopped garlic with melted butter and then stir fry the green peas and washed rice in it. Then I put into the rice cooker and cooked according to normal rice cooking procedure.


Pan-Seared Red Snapper

And secondly for the Pan-Seared Butter Herbs Red Snapper served on a bed of Stir-Fry Baby Spinach, I just sprinkled the Red Snapper fillets with some salt, pepper, and mixed herbs. Melt some butter and make sure the pan is hot enough before putting the Red Snapper fillets in it. Sear the skin part first until half cooked before turning it over gently. Once cooked remove from the pan immediately. Overcooked fish is not something that a fish lover like me like to eat. Then I stir-fry the baby spinach with some sliced garlic and salt. To make it prettier, I served the Pan-Seared Butter Herbs Red Snapper on a bed of healthy Stir-Fry Baby Spinach.

And lastly, we complete our 3-course lunch with a slice of  Match Red Bean Jelly Gateaux that I baked yesterday. What a wonderful Sunday afternoon......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries