Monday, October 4, 2010

Honey Raisin Swiss Roll

Honey Raisin Swiss Roll


Claimed to be the best Swiss Roll in the world by one my aunt who is an avid baker for 40 years (I think she is just being too nice to me).....lol. Anyway this is just the Part 1 of our after Cozy Steamboat's desserts. I used back the Durian Swiss Roll's recipe and instead of spreading with Durian Fillings, I put honey, whipped cream and black raisin.

The texture of the Swiss Roll is very moist and soft. The hardest part of making a Swiss Roll is not how to prepare the batter or the fillings but it is in the skill of rolling it without breaking it and tearing the brownish skin off when you roll. The key to do this is pre-roll the Swiss Roll using Parchment Paper or Tea Towel (which is more economical as you can use it again and again).

Well.....I will be bringing in the Part 2 of our after Cozy Steamboat's desserts soon.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or enquiries